Princeton, BC 5.8°C

Building Services

The Building Bylaw and applicable building and plumbing codes are intended to promote quality construction using up-to date methods and materials. It is the Building Inspector's job to help builders comply with these regulations. Building permits are needed for most types of construction work, including:

  • to build any residential, commercial, institutional or industrial building
  • to build an accessory structure larger than 10 square metres total area
  • to make renovations, structural changes or major repairs to an existing building
  • to construct or alter a swimming pool
  • to complete an unfinished area in an existing building
  • to install any awning or canopy
  • to demolish or move a building
  • to extend or change any plumbing
  • to move or place a mobile home or other temporary structure
  • to build or install any wood-burning appliance or chimney

Before planning any construction, check with the Town about what is allowed on your property under the Zoning Bylaw. Unless your project complies with the requirements, you may not proceed without obtaining bylaw changes or a variance permit from Council.

Geographic information system -property mapping

Zoning, Official Community Plan, legal descriptions and other land use planning information, is provided to the public through our Geographic Information System ("GIS") mapping service. You can search properties by address or legal description to obtain additional information on a property within the Town of Princeton or Regional District Okanagan Similkameen.

Building Inspection services are available Mondays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. only.

Building Documents:

Click on the document name to view the document

Building Amendment Bylaw No. 910, 2015

Guide to Building Permits  

Building Amendment Bylaw No. 851, 2011

Building Permit Application

Building Bylaw No. 751, 2003


Development Documents:

Click on the document name to view the document

Zoning Bylaw

Guide to Development Variance Permits

Official Community Plan Bylaw

Guide to Rezoning


Guide to Subdivision

Contact Information

Approving Officer 

Building Department 

Telephone: 250-295-3135

Telephone: 250-295-3135