Princeton, BC 5.2°C


What are the Town's office hours?
Offices are open from 8:30 am to noon and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. We are closed Saturdays, Sundays and Statutory Holidays. 

What are the hours of the Princeton Landfill and what material does it accept?
Saturday through Wednesday 9:00 am-5:00 pm 

Thursday AND Friday

CLOSED Christmas Day, New Years Day &, Easter Sunday 
Location - #171 Princeton-Summerland Road
Questions? Call:

Town of Princeton 250-295-3135
Princeton Landfill 250-295-0500
Recycling Depot 250-295-6111
Princeton Landfill Rates & Charges

What can I recycle at the curb in my Blue Bag?
Princeton has an excellent recycling program. Items that are accepted in a Blue Bag at the curb include:  plastic bottles and containers-No. 2 plastic only-milk, bleach, soap, shampoo, etc. (rinsed); newspapers, magazines, all other paper and cereal boxes (do not bundle); cardboard;  tin cans like soup, pop, beer, etc. Absolutely no styrofoam is accepted. 

What are the rules on dog ownership in the Town?
You are allowed to own no more than two dogs in the Town of Princeton. Each must be licensed annually. 

License fees are due January 1st of each year and for dogs are as follows:
Neutered Male/Spayed Female Dog -$10.00 and a Certificate from a veterinarian is required.
Unneutered Male/Unspayed Female Dog is $30.00.
Replacement or transfer of a license tag is $5.00.

Get in touch with the Animal Control Officer?
If you have any concerns regarding barking dogs, dogs running at large, etc., please call 250-295-3135 and leave a call back number or message and the Bylaw Control Officer will call you as soon as is practical. 
How do I apply for a job at the Town? 

Any vacancies that may exist with the Town are advertised on our website. 
Click here for any current employment opportunities.  

How do I get in touch with the Public Works Department
You may contact the Public Works Department at 250-295-3522 between 7am and 3pm Monday to Friday. Should you have an "after hours" emergency, a member of the Public Works crew can be contacted by calling 250-295-6134 

How is Princeton prepared for an emergency
The Town of Princeton has an Emergency Program and is ready to react to any form of emergency or disaster that effects our community. It's important for the public to understand and be prepared for anything including provisions for you and your family to survive, on your own, for up to 72 hours. For more information contact Princeton Emergency Program Coordinartor Jim Turner at 250-295-8648  or visit the Provincial Emergency Program website at 

I've received a Municipal ticket. Now what
Instructions on how to pay or dispute your Municipal ticket are on the reverse of the ticket you've been issued. Payment can either be made in person or by mail. If no action is taken within fourteen (14) days of the Date of Service, then you may be convicted in your absence and the fine amount imposed. 

How do I report damaged or non-working street lights?
Fortis and the Town of Princeton are working to keep community street lights in your neighbourhood in good repair, and helping to keep your community safe.
If you notice a street light that is out, flickering, on during the day or vandalized, please make a note of the pole number and call 250-295-3135 to report it.