Public Works Fleet Mechanic
(Regular Full Time)
Reporting to the Public Works Foreman, the Public Works Department is seeking a licensed Commercial Transport Mechanic. It would be considered an asset if the individual has an inspector’s certificate and basic welding and fabricating knowledge. Preference will be given to an individual with previous municipal experience, a strong understanding with both electrical and hydraulics diagnostics would be an asset. Must have own tools and be able to work on heavy equipment and light duty vehicles.
The successful candidate should have a Grade 12 education and possess a Provincial Certificate in Commercial Transport Mechanics or Heavy-Duty Mechanics, must have a valid Class 3 driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Inspectors Certificate. Must be physically fit and able to carry heavy objects. Must be able to work in a team environment and help when needed in snow clearing and work with the water, wastewater department on pump repairs and water repairs. Some shift work may be needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and proper precautions related to work performed.
- Proficient with the repair of small equipment.
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to operate most vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Good physical condition to perform heavy manual work.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to collaborate in a team environment.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 12
- Commercial Transport
- Heavy Duty
- Inspectors Certificate
- Class 3 with Air driver’s license
- First Aid
Rate of Pay
This position is within the CUPE Local 608 Collective Bargaining Unit and offers a competitive wage ($37.53 per hour) and a benefit package. $250 Annual training allowance.
This job posting is open until filled.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Superintendent of Public Works
Town of Princeton
or by mail:
Town of Princeton
PO Box 670
Princeton, BC V0X 1W0